The PowerWheel® is also a torsional welding process for welding non-ferrous metals. It was originally developed for high energy output of between 6.5 and 10 kW, but is also becoming a popular system for smaller output applications. The welding action is carried out in a rocking rolling movement directly at the weld. This means that the maximum amplitude is always at the centre of the weld area and the power output can be precisely focused. With this new type of movement it is possible to achieve completely new effects, and new opportunities open up.
The accessibility of the system is very good and enables short cycle times, because the feed movement of the welding system is restricted to the Z axis.
Unsurpassed advantages of the PowerWheel®-technology:
- Welds can be carried out up to 30% narrower and higher compared to the linear system. This results in sometimes considerable savings in material and space.
- Thicker terminal connections can be welded with great strength.
- Reliable welding of copper wiring up to 160 mm² and aluminium wiring up to 200 mm²
- First class access to the welding zone
- The highest amplitude is always in the centre of the sonotrode resulting in best penetration of the weld node
- Consistently achieves outstanding strength
- Maximum output of up to 8 kN with 10 kW for large cable diametres and large terminals / tubular cable lugs.