New plastic parts and torsional welding SONIQTWIST® from Telsonic accelerate lightweight construction in the automotive industry Telsonic's gentle, torsional welding process has been successful worldwide for decades.
Bumper with PDC holder
Up to 10% weight reduction
Projects with approved integrators
Ready to install welding module for automation systems
Torsional welding supports trends in the automotive exterior and interior sector
- Thin wall technology for weight reduction (wall thickness 2.5mm and thinner are possible)
- New designs and functionalities
- More sensors due to autonomous driving
- Applications: PDC, SLA, air handling systems, side skirts, windscreen cleaning system and much more
News articles on 'Lightweight Construction'
Advantages Torsional thin wall welding
Thin wall welding with Telsonic torsional welding process compared to alternative technologies, such as linear ultrasonic welding, gluing or laser welding:
- Significant savings in overall costs due to less use of materials, no expensive additives, less wear on tools, low energy costs
- Significant weight saving because components can be designed with a thinner wall
- No marking on already painted parts (Class A surfaces)
- Fulfillment of highest OEM quality requirements
- High tensile strength (400N)
- Short cycle time (welding time around 300ms)
- High flexibility in component design
- High process stability
- Low integration effort into different automation concepts
- Torsional technology has been used in various applications for more than 20 years.
- Magna won the SPE Innovation Award in 2018 for use in the Skoda Octavia
- Worldwide projects with numerous OEM and Tier 1 suppliers
Support for system manufacturers
- Special machines or robot systems
- Installation guidelines and apporved process for quality assurance
- Defined startup process with licensing
- Standard components and Telso®Assist functionality secure fast and competent support, worldwide.
Let us convince you of the versatile application possibilities and advantages and contact us for a trial welding!
Contact via Email