New plastic parts and torsional welding SONIQTWIST® from Telsonic accelerate lightweight construction in the automotive industry Telsonic's gentle, torsional welding process has been successful worldwide for decades.
Bumper with PDC holder
Up to 10% weight reduction
Projects with approved integrators
Ready to install welding module for automation systems
Examples of applications for secure attachment using SONIQTWIST® are: sensor holders for parking and side-line assistance systems (PDC, SLA), holders for headlight cleaning systems (SRA), air-guiding systems (brakes), rocker panels, radar and ultrasonic sensors, and camera systems.
Torsional welding supports trends in the automotive exterior and interior sector
- Thin wall technology for weight reduction (wall thickness 2.5mm and thinner are possible)
- New designs and functionalities
- More sensors due to autonomous driving
- Applications: PDC, SLA, air handling systems, side skirts, windscreen cleaning system and much more
News articles on 'Lightweight Construction'
- Various sensor holder designs
- Insert sensor holder
- Precision Feed
Advantages Torsional thin wall welding
Thin wall welding with Telsonic torsional welding process compared to alternative technologies, such as linear ultrasonic welding, gluing or laser welding:
- Significant savings in overall costs due to less use of materials, no expensive additives, less wear on tools, low energy costs
- Significant weight saving because components can be designed with a thinner wall
- No marking on already painted parts (Class A surfaces)
- Fulfillment of highest OEM quality requirements
- High tensile strength (400N)
- Short cycle time (welding time around 300ms)
- High flexibility in component design
- High process stability
- Low integration effort into different automation concepts
Support by Telsonic
For component design according to our patented design guidelines
- Compact or large assemblies are possible (for example PDC or SLA)
- FEM simulations
- Quick experiments with portable hand welding unit are possible
- Torsional technology has been used in various applications for more than 20 years.
- Magna won the SPE Innovation Award in 2018 for use in the Skoda Octavia
- Worldwide projects with numerous OEM and Tier 1 suppliers
Support for system manufacturers
- Special machines or robot systems
- Installation guidelines and apporved process for quality assurance
- Defined startup process with licensing
- Standard components and Telso®Assist functionality secure fast and competent support, worldwide.
Let us convince you of the versatile application possibilities and advantages and contact us for a trial welding!
Contact via Email
- Complete System
- Generator MAG
- Precision Feed
- Telso®Flex Control